I really should post more on here, but I don't.
For one thing our flooring is finally done. It's been done for about a month and we couldn't be happier with it!
I also got my bedroom painted, and Rebecca has a room full of furniture. For the first three weeks upstairs, Rebecca's room consisted of her crib mattress, nothing more. We were waiting for her big girl bed to be delivered (it was on back order) and looking some sort of armoire!
Jessica is now a Blue Belt in karate. Grandma & Grandpa Candland, Steven, and Grandpa Zimmerman came to her belt test. She is so happy to have such a big crowd at her ceremony's.
Back during Labor Day, Jessica, Rebecca and myself went to Kansas to visit David and Jared. I had not been to visit them since they've been in Kansas and I had really missed all their kids. There were two nieces, Caroline and Gracie who I had never met and they were both almost 1. We had a lot of fun getting to know new kids and remembering how cute all the girls were when they were tiny. I remember each of Davids girls as babies. But I have only been around Robbie aka Captian Jack Sparrow twice. He is adorable and very active. Jessica had so much fun playing legos with him and Nicole. Thanks to Kim and Tiff for letting us take over your room. I never remember to take many pictures, even when I have my camera with me. I did get a few but they're on my phone.
October has had us dealing with the flu. Jessica somehow mysteriously managed to not get it. Spencer and I were down in bed 2 days each with it and Rebecca is just getting over the lingering cold portion.
We are looking forward to visiting Michael in November and taking Rebecca to Disneyland for the first time. Jessica is such a cute big sister. She is getting excited to take Becca on all the rides she liked last time. Jessica is excited to go on the big rides she was too short for last time as well. I may not post about that trip. I'll do a photo book and anyone can come see it!
Not much of our goings on were exciting this summer, since we spent 4 months in the basement. But I am really looking forward to the holidays and new experiences with my two girls. We are going on the last camping trip of the season this weekend during Fall Break! And I am finishing projects I had for the trailer I should have had done all summer. Our old sheet would fall off the mattress in the trailer and even mattress straps wouldn't keep it in place. SO, I made a giant mattress case (think pillowcase, but for a mattress) and slid it on last night. It will work perfect. The project I'm working on today is lining the floor of the trailer with linoleum tiles so the mattress won't snag on the wood! We'll be ready to go this time and all ready for next spring! We may not be around at all next year because Spencer will want to make up for a lost year of camping!
Well now I'm just rambling, but I feel I've caught up a little. I hope to not wait another 3 months before I post again!

No comments:
Post a Comment