Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Over a year ago????

Well, sorry little blog, you've been neglected for a while.  I feel I have all the time in the world now because WE'VE MOVED!
First I'll quickly recap our 2014 year.
January: Puerto Rico where we celebrated Jess' 12 birthday.  PR was having it's yearly Sanse' celebration which meant 250,000 drunk puerto ricans dancing till 2-3am!  Jess' birthday was one GIANT party!

April: New York!  We made it to the Big Apple.  It was so much fun.  We collapsed every night from sheer exhaustion. 

At the end of May Spencer had the opportunity for a paid sabbatical from work. With Spencer home, I was able to go with my parents to Kansas for my brother Jared's dental school graduation and to visit him and David's family.  It was so much fun. 

June: Continuing on Spencer's sabbatical we decided to take a road trip.  We bought an RV, were gone for three days, hated every second of Beatrice (the rv's name) and came home sold it and left in our car.  We traveled 9400 miles in 2 months and SAW THE COUNTRY. 
We visited:
Denver, Colorado
Albuquerque, New Mexico
San Antonio, Texas
New Orleans, Louisiana
Biloxi, Mississippi
Daphne, Alabama
Panama City, Florida
Orlando, Florida
The Florida Keys
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Washington D.C.
Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
Pigeon Forge, Tennessee
St. Louis, Missouri
Brookfield, Missouri
Overland Park, Kansas
Denver, Colorado and
HOME! 
Whew! 
Spencer's work situation was getting worse and we knew he wouldn't be there much longer. After months of trying to make it work, his last day was Dec. 31st.

Since we saw the whole country we started thinking where we'd like to go.  If we were to go anywhere. 
We wanted somewhere with low home prices, a low cost of living, but somewhere warm, fun, and different. 
We decided on the Gulf Coast of Mississippi. 
In October we started looking at houses online, beginning of November we made a trip out to see if it's what we really wanted to do.  While in MS, we put an offer on a little house in Long Beach, Mississippi.  It was accepted, we closed December 5th and moved in the first week of January. 
It has been a whirlwind year and I can honestly say, one of the best yet! I love Spencer!  I'm so thankful to have a husband to share my adventures with.  He truly is my best friend!  Everyone thinks we're crazy.  And we are! 

1 comment:

The Candlands said...

Such a great year for you guys and there are so many more fun things around the corner!