Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Walking

I have actually started walking. Today me and my friend Heidi walked 3.31 miles. I hope it will be a lifestyle change instead of something drastic I can't stick with. This is our third week and we're still going strong. Having a great friend to walk with makes all the difference. We keep each other doing it even if we don't feel like it that morning. I got a bad nights sleep last night, we were rushed this morning and I didn't want to go walking. But Heidi called me up at 7:40 to make sure we were going and we did. That's the longest we've done yet. And we're planning on doing it every day. It doesn't take that long and it's so healthy to get that exercise in. We have some really good talks and see some beautiful yards and homes. The best is it's just becoming part of the routine. I take Jessica to school, come home to feed Becca some breakfast then head out on our walk after Heidi's kids are all in school. Having it a habit makes it easy to just go. I dont' have anything else planned at 9, that's just what I do. It's also saved me money. I dont' run to the store after dropping Jessica off, then stop for lunch. I have to come straight home after dropping her off to go on a walk then Rebecca takes a nap and I have a home made lunch. And then it's usually to late to make a trip to the store anyway so I'm not spending nearly as much money. It's good all around.

No comments: